- Animations and Interactions
- Being a Better Designer
- Bootstrap Resources
- CSS Preprocessors: Sass and Less
- CSS Tips Tricks
- Designing User Interfaces
- Font & Typographical Inspiration
- Fonts, Typography, Letters & Symbols
- Photoshop Tips and Tricks
- UI and UX and Design
- UX and UI and Design Reading List
- Web Forms
Nine general guidelines for using illustrations effectively
No matter what you are using illustrations for, keep these nine guidelines in mind:
1. Don’t make people wonder what or why.
2. Choose an appropriate size.
3. Use illustrations to support, not hide, content.
4. In pictures of people, show diversity.
5. Don’t make content look like ads.
6. Don’t annoy people with blinking, rolling, waving, or wandering text or pictures.
7. U se animation where it helps – not just for show.
8. Don’t make people wait through splash or Flash.
9. Make illustrations accessible.
Sites to Read
Check out http://ajaxload.info to create and download a loading animation of your choice.